Heritage Construction - Est. 1951

University of Toronto Scarborough Campus - New Science Building

Science Building Photo at Night

Project Details

The three-storey building was constructed as an addition to the existing Science Building and features two floors of fully equipped laboratories, support areas, a Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) lab boasting an 800 MHz electro magnet, 16 faculty offices, 16 research assistant offices, 48 graduate workspaces, lounges, three meeting rooms and a 235-person auditorium-style lecture theatre. This state-of-the-art facility is the new home for toxicologists, microbiologists, environmental chemists, plant cell biologists and developmental psychologists. There was also renovation work completed to the existing building at the tie-in interface of the two structures.

Project Location

Toronto, Ontario

Architect

Moriyama and Teshima Architects

Client

University of Toronto

Value

$24,000,000